Friday, August 31, 2012

Smoky Black Bean Layer dip

I have followed the detox mostly today except I got coffee this morning :)))) The detox worked very well for Ambra and I! She went down a whole pant size and I lost 4 lbs. We were both starving around 2pm each day so I am going to do another detox menu mostly the same as the one this week but with more protein and afternoon snacks. We are starting back Tuesday so I will have the new menu & grocery list up by Sunday.  Thank you everyone for all the support and interest!!

In the spirit of the weekend I am going to give the recipe for Layer dip I made at Nic's bday party.

Smoky Black Bean Layer Dip
Hummus-bottom layer
2 cans black beans, 3 cloves garlic,  juice of 2 limes, 1/2 bunch cilantro, 3 TB sesame tahini, 4 TB olive oil, 2 TB flax oil
put all in a food processor and blend until smooth
guacamole-2nd layer
3 avocados, juice of 2 limes, 3 cloves garlic
layer 3
shredded low fat cheddar and aged cheddar
layer 4
romaine lettuce
Layer 5
tomatoes, 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro(chopped)

put in a clear 9x12 dish so everyone can see the layers
enjoy with chips or fresh veggies

No comments:

Post a Comment