Saturday, September 1, 2012

Buy Locally

The kids and I headed over to the Farmer's Market this morning. They had some great stuff! Cantaloupes, pears, peaches, , sweet potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, local honey, plants and lots more.  If you haven't already go down and check out Earth's Bounty and support small farmers!     We didn't find any organic fruits or veggies but a small farmer uses much fewer chemicals than a big farmer you may get from the grocery. So it's a win win for everyone!
 
 They also had a lot of great canned foods. The awesome ladies at Far Out Foods have made up some amazing food combinations that I sure wouldn't have ever thought about like Tomato & Pineapple & kiwi and lime just to name a few. They sell out fast so get there early! We stocked up today can't wait until the first of next month to see what more goodies they have in store for us.
 
We are heading home to see what all we can imagine up with our basket full of peaches.
 
Get out, breath in the fresh air and enjoy your weekend!

3 comments:

  1. There is just something sexy about farmer's markets, fresh produce and homemade goodies. It just makes me feel real inside and not processed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason, my google id is calling me Naan. They have the letters right but a bit confused in placement, but I do think its kind of appropriate as your blog has to do with food, I love naan and its a good code name. :) This is Anna G.

      Delete
  2. Yes very appropriate. After a week with no bread homemade naan may be in order today. I love farmer's markets! I am so proud our city has come together and supported Earth's Bounty. Everyone sells out by the end of the morning wonderful

    ReplyDelete