Wednesday, September 12, 2012

green tea replacing coffee

I went 3 weeks without have any coffee in the house. On the days I wasn't on the detox I would drink a cup at work but I didn't need it. That was my only addiction. I never thought I happily go one day much less over a week without. I drink a few cups of green tea a day but I don't feel like I need it to wake up and get moving like coffee had hold on me.  3 cups of green tea has about the same about of caffeine as ONE cup of coffee plus it has so many more added health benefits over coffee. Don't get me wrong I will never give up my coffee but I am happy to know I no longer depend on it and I doubt I will ever go back to drinking a cup every day much less 4-5 cups I was drinking daily.  I drink yogi tea they have the most uplifting quotes on each tea packet. I look forward to reading it. Makes me want to open the next pack and drink one more cup.

I have been told by several people they can't drink coconut water. I understand it is a bit strong so I cut it.  1/2 water, 1/4 coconut water, 1/4 ginger ale(I use Reids or Blue Sky).

My amazing friend and fellow detoxer made a healthy alternative on ranch style dressing by using greek yogurt. She also uses fresh limes and cilantro. I'll get the measurements from her tomorrow and post it on here.


No comments:

Post a Comment