Monday, August 27, 2012

Day 2 of Detox

It is so important to have a good support system while making any big change. I am very lucky to have great friends that want to see me be successful in this goal I have set. I am very proud of my friends that have joined me in this journey.
I have 2 suggestions to do this week. Get outside breath in the fresh air. The boys and I walked the dogs around our neighborhood lake today and yesterday. It is a good 45 min walk I feel so much better after getting out and enjoying life with the people I love most of all.
Suggestion number 2 start a compost if you don't already have one. All the fruit and veggie scraps used this week will make some mighty fine dirt in time for your spring garden. Every summer our vegetables are bigger and tastier I owe a lot of that to all the nutrients our dirt has from years of composting.  You can compost almost all fruit and veggie scraps but don't put potato peals or onion in there unless you want to have plants in your dirt.
I added hummus to a snack yesterday. I was feeling like some people might need more and it's a good vegetarian source of protein.

Original Hummus
1 can garbanzo beans
1 handful parsley
2 garlic cloves
2 TB olive oil
1 TB flax oil
3 TB fresh lemon juice
2 TB sesame tahini
blend all in a food processor.
a serving is 2 TB are about 60 calories
enjoy with fresh carrots, celery, whole grain crackers, oat cakes...

Black Bean Hummus
use original ingredients but replace garbanzo beans with black beans
parsley with cilantro
lemon juice with lime juice

for the smoky black bean hummus add 1-2 chipotle peppers

Live your dreams today!! 

200 views!! WOW thank you for taking the time to read and take interested in my passion!!

No comments:

Post a Comment