Thursday, August 23, 2012

Day 4-Reducing the bad increasing the good

Today is the actual fourth day. Guess I was sleepy or 3 boys talking to me at the same time last night made me think I had gone a day longer than I had. I have done very well increasing my veggies but not as well with eliminating the processed foods. Those Nilla Wafers were SO good.  The ultimate goal of all this is to get back into a healthier way of eating and a better connection with our foods by focusing on whole grains, lean proteins, FRESH fruit and veggies.
I worked up the grocery list today but forgot it at the office. Ooops I'll upload the final list for grocery shopping by lunch tomorrow. Some people have requested starting this Sunday rather than next so I am going to put the menu plan up for the detox and a few days after. In the spirit of getting ready for the fast I'll tell you what our favorite breakfast is. It's quick, easy, all the kids love it and it's good for us. Our smoothies change depending on what we have. We are always wanting to try something new.

Pineapple/Berry Smoothie
1/4 fresh pineapple
1 cup of strawberries &/or  blueberries
plain or vanilla greek yogurt
coconut water to soak chai seeds
coconut milk
1 TB chai seeds
Mix all in a blender or juicer
enjoy

-we use frozen strawberries and just add enough liquid(coconut water and milk so it will blend. The boys like to eat it with a spoon more than drink their smoothies)
-Use fresh pineapple because it contains bromelain, an enzyme that helps the body digest vegetable protein int he gastrointestinal tract and it has mild anti-inflammatory properties, is destroyed in the heating process of canning and possibly in freezing(this is unknown) I would pick freezing over canned if there was just a choice of the 2.
-soak chai seeds in coconut water for 5 mins






No comments:

Post a Comment