Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Day 3 of Detox-missing my coffee

I love my coffee all morning long. It does have some beneficial properties. But with this detox I have eliminated all caffeine and replaced it with green tea. The water needs to be hot not boiling. If the water is too hot not only does it make your tea bitter it kills some of the good stuff. Green tea speeds up your metabolism which will help you lose weight I don't know many people that wouldn't love that. It also has antioxidant properties that will help protect you against disease. It taste great with 1/2 lemon which aids in the detoxification. If you need a little sweetener I suggest honey, molasses or pure maple syrup.  I love yogi tea, not only does it taste the best to me but it has nice sayings in it. Mine this morning says-"Live in your strength"
I hope everyone is enjoying the detox! I sure am I feel lighter, more energy and sleeping better.
Tomorrow if you want to take a break from breakfast fruit smoothie good alternatives are grapefruit, kiwi, cantaloupe, honey dew melon, an apple or a pear. 30 mins to an  hour later you can eat a boiled egg for protein, a bowl of oatmeal(watch the sugars that are added to instant) I like steel cut oats with a little pure maple syrup, whole wheat toast with 1 TB of peanut butter.
When buying bread make sure to look on the ingredients list. The first ingredient should "whole" grain such as whole wheat, white whole wheat or whole oats.

I was thinking my salad for lunch was looking pretty good then I spotted Ambra's colorful mix of veggies and got inspired.
 Ambra's Super Salad
Mix organic greens
kale
chopped tomato
cucumbers
carrots
sesame seeds
cilantro
all topped with the super gain QUINOA!



Believe in yourself!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment